Experience VIVID 2019 with NiSi team and the NiSi Natural Night filter. Learn how to capture the stunning lights of VIVID with professional teaching from Steph Vella, Tassiegrammer, Daniel Tran and the NiSi team. If you have been wanting to try out the NiSi Natural Night Filter – this is your chance, or if you already have one and would like to learn how to capture the stunning lights of VIVID – Book now!
Spend an evening visiting some of Sydney’s most iconic landmarks washed in colour and receive practical coaching to capture VIVID. You will learn how to shoot the light displays to capture the best results, get an introduction to manual exposure, learn long exposure techniques, shooting with available light, how to capture sharp night images and how to use the NiSi Natural Night Filter.
A NiSi Natural Night Filter will be available for each participant to use during the workshop.
Note: Your camera must be capable of shooting in Manual mode and you require a tripod.
A little more information…
Location: The Rocks, Sydney NSW
Meeting point: Dawes Point Park, At the base of the Harbour Bridge Pylon (See the maps below)
Group Size: 8-10 People
Time: 7-9pm (Please be at the meeting point 10mins before the start of the workshop – 6:50 pm)
Skill Level: Suitable for all photographers from beginner to advanced
Fitness: Medium to high level of fitness with walking between shooting locations (can be a couple of km’s over the night).
Note: Your camera must be capable of shooting in Manual mode and you require a tripod
What to bring?
- Your camera and a selection of lenses
- Empty memory cards
- A steady Tripod (Essential Item)
- Fully charged batteries and a spare if you have one
- A small torch to check your camera setting
- Dress casual with good shoes
- Warm clothes if the weather is cool
- Umbrella if rain is forecast
- A shutter release to shoot exposures over 30 seconds
What lenses do i need?
A mid-range lens, for example, a 24-70mm, 24-105mm, 18-135mm, 16-55mm or an 18-55mm is a great fit for the locations we are shooting! You may find a wide angle too wide for some of the locations. Lenses with standard filter threads from 49 to 82mm are recommended.
Other information you need to know…
- All workshop participants (during the workshop) will receive a $20 discount on purchasing the NiSi Natural Night or a $20 voucher for the NiSi Australia online store if they already own the Natural Night. This discount or promotion is only available for a customer that attend the workshop on the night. The $20 discount can’t be used or combined with any other offer or discount.
- In the case of rain – a decision will be made in the late afternoon to proceed or postpone the workshop. If the workshop has to be postponed due to weather you will be contacted to arrange a place in another workshop on another night.
- No refunds are offered if you choose to cancel your place on the workshop. We will endeavour to book you on an alternate workshop if places are available.
If you have any questions about the workshop please contact us .