Join Tassiegrammer from Project RAWcast and Andrew from NiSi Filters Australia for a 4 day / 3 night all expenses included winter photography workshop and adventure at Cradle Mountain, Tasmania, Australia from the 27th to 30th June 2019.
Learn how to maximise your photography skills through improved shooting techniques, post-processing in both Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop, the effective use of NiSi neutral density filters, astrophotography (weather permitting), sunrise and sunset shooting, long exposure photography, wildlife photography and the effective use of a variety of social media platforms.
The workshop will be tailored to suit each individual’s needs with subjects and techniques ranging from the most basic of camera settings and compositional rules, all the way through to advanced post-processing techniques for those that are more comfortable with the most popular editing suites.
A very good level of fitness will be required as access to some of the possible locations will require walking both before dawn, after dusk and later in the evening for Astro sessions. You will need to be prepared for a variety of weather conditions as Cradle Mountain is notorious for its ever-changing conditions. There will be a maximum of 8-10 participants for this workshop.
All participants will have access to our NiSi Demo kit to use over the workshop. All filters and holders are supplied for use during the workshop.
* Weather permitting, with an itinerary to be confirmed closer to the date
- Dove Lake / Boat Shed
- King Billy Walk
- Enchanted Forest
- Ronny Creek
- Pencil Pine Falls
- Knyvet Falls
- Crater Falls
- Wombat Pool
- Waldheim Forest Walk
Learn how to
- Control Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO to correctly expose your image
- Understand camera settings such as White Balance, Exposure Bracketing, Manual Focusing and other optimal settings
- Choose the correct Neutral Density Filters for different lighting situations
- Compose your image creatively with known methods and what key features to look for.
- Process your images in Lightroom and Photoshop, including methods such as exposure
blending, luminosity masks and other advanced techniques.
- Maximise your Social Media reach and following
What you will need
- DSLR / Mirrorless camera
- Lenses (recommend a wide angle and a telephoto)
- Neutral density filters (we will have the NiSi full Demo kit available for you to use if you don’t have any filters)
- Remote/cable camera shutter
- Head Torch
- A lens suitable for astrophotography
- Footwear suitable for beaches/rocks and general walking
- Laptop with editing software – preferably Adobe Lightroom + Adobe Photoshop CC
- Waterproof / Windproof Jacket
- Very warm clothing (it could snow at any time)
- Waterproof camera cover
What’s included in the price
- 3 nights accommodation (Single Share own room – Cradle Mountain Hotel)
- 3 breakfasts / 3 lunches / 3 dinners (lunch not included on the final day)
- Transfers to Cradle Mountain from either Hobart CBD or Launceston Airport (departing Hobart 27th June 2019 @ 6 am or Launceston Airport at 10 am)
- Transport around Cradle Mountain NP during the workshop
- Transport back to either Hobart or Launceston (drop off in the afternoon 30th June at Launceston Airport or Hobart CBD)
- Multi-day Cradle Mountain Parks pass
- 4 days of professional on-site photography training
- All post-processing sessions
- Basic social media training
What is NOT included
- Airfares/transport to Tasmania prior to the commencement and from Tasmania after the completion
- Camera, tripod and all other equipment (must provide your own) but all NiSi filters and holders are available to use during the workshop.
- No refunds are offered if you choose to cancel your place on the workshop. For extenuating circumstances should we be successful in reselling your position on the workshop, a refund may be given.
- Weather conditions change quickly and are unpredictable, the schedule and locations visited may vary.
- Tickets are first to come first served basis and your place on the workshop is not guaranteed until full payment has been received.
If you have any questions about the workshop please contact us.